What is Odd Socks day?
Most importantly, Odd Socks Day is designed to be fun! It’s an opportunity to encourage people to express themselves and celebrate their individuality and what makes us all unique!
There is no pressure to wear the latest fashion or for parents to buy expensive costumes. All you have to do to take part is wear odd socks to your school or workplace, it couldn’t be simpler! Odd Socks day will take place on the first day of Anti Bullying Week each year to help raise awareness of bullying. We would like to invite participating schools and workplaces to ask participants to make a £1 donation - or any donation you think appropriate - to support us in continuing to coordinate the week every year.
You do not have to raise money to take part - the most important thing is the message of Odd Socks Day - and any money raised for us is a bonus! Make sure you encourage other schools in your local area to get involved!
We've got lots of things to help you hold Odd Socks Day in your school or workplace.
- Activity pack for schools
- Andy and the Odd Socks artwork competition
- Competition to get Andy and the Odd Socks to perform at your school
- Workplace pack
- Odd Socks Day School poster
- Odd Socks Day flyer
How can you donate to the Anti-Bullying Alliance?
We are a small team and are always so very grateful for any fundraising that you do for us to help us keep running Anti-Bullying Week each year in England. If you raise money for us through your Odd Socks Day or anytime in Anti-Bullying Week you can give it to us in the following ways:
- You can donate directly to us via our Virgin Money Giving page.
- You can send us a cheque, made payable to the ‘Anti-Bullying Alliance’ and posted to Anti-Bullying Alliance, National Children's Bureau, 23 Mentmore Terrace, Hackney, London, E8 3PN. Please make sure you include your name and your address as we like to acknowledge all funds raised wherever possible.
- You can pay by bank deposit or BACS transfer - please email [email protected] for further details. *Please note that we do not have paying in slips and this is not a requirement for deposits to our charity account.
We are really grateful to have the support of Andy and the Odd Socks to help bring Odd Socks Day to life.
The Kids United charity single - watch the amazing video below by Andy and the Odd Socks with Princess K and Libera. All proceeds kindly are being given to ABA and you can stream the single Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon.
Watch our amazing Odd Socks Day assembly with Andy and the Odd Socks and special guests including the amazing Mo Farah and Anne-Marie!